If you have followed me, then you know that I have been making concerted efforts to balance my self-care and making it the top priority. I was listening to a podcasts, and the topic of energy shifting was discussed. I gave myself a little homework/reflective thinking assignment to think of 5 things that I use to help me shift my energy from negative to positive. After a few minutes of really narrowing it down, I came up with the following techniques:
- Speak to yourself positively: My day is not worth anything if I don’t try to say at least 1 positive thing about life or myself in the morning. Sometimes, I cannot get out of bed until I tell myself that “things will not be bad” that day.
- Music: I could be having the absolute WORST day ever, and I could run to my TIDAL app, put on some music, and it LITERALLY changes my entire mood. If I ever had to live my life without this specific outlet, I would probably in a horrible place.
- Movement: Exercise is crucial. Movement is key. Being in a job where I sit at a desk all day, it becomes very easy to forget to stand up at minimum.
- Shower: Who doesn’t love a good shower? I have taken showers to a whole different level these days; all with a little thing called exfoliation as well. Nothing better than washing a bad day and negativity away with a steaming hot shower!!
- Kynnedy: This person is last; however, certainly not least. My daughter is one of my favorite energy shifters, because watching her grow and evolve is truly breathtaking. She is mature way beyond her 2 years, and she is very independent. As much as her actions sometimes frustrate me a little, I can’t help but be in awe at how much she is growing into her own. Seeing her face and hearing her yell “IT’S MY MOMMY!” and runs up to me and hugs me after her day at daycare, will wipe away any negativity that happened in that day. She is my best gem.
I would love to hear from you guys! I shared my 5 favorite energy shifting techniques, what are yours? Comment below!