My third shoutout for this month goes to none other than the TGIT queen herself, Shonda Rhimes.
This amazing woman needs no introduction, but I have to stan for a bit on just how awesome I believe she is. There isn’t much that Shonda hasn’t done in this lifetime so far, and it seems like she’s not stopping anytime soon.
Shonda has referred to herself as a “titan”, and given meaning to saying the word “yes” when the opportunity strikes itself. I’ve watched Shonda since 2011 when I began watching Scandal, and I’ve been glued to her work ethic and personality since that moment.
Here are my five favorite facts about Ms. Rhimes:
- She is the writer and executive producer of 3 of my favorite shows of all time (and also about 4 others)
- She owns her own production company, Shondaland, where she has 9 shows that she has been apart of executive producing.
- She wrote a best-selling novel titled Year of Yes! (Again, I have that in my collection)
- She has been nominated and won awards in several different categories, including NAACP awards and an Golden Globe. She’s also been nominated for 3 Emmy’s.
- She has her own TED talk (which you can view here).
I can’t say enough how much I LOVE this woman and how much she’s given to TV and been an inspiration to young women worldwide. From her creative imagination to her titan-like abilities, she is truly what you would call magic in every way.
Photo cred: Google Image Search